Are you a Specialist on Puppets in Therapy & Education? or on Any of the Subjects below?
Well: Please Contribute your info to make this Site a most Useful Platform!
JUST A BUTTON CLICK TO YOUR TOPIC:
links to International Puppet Sites
!!! Puppets in Therapy and Education
and Other Figurative Little Helpers
|UNion Internationale de la MArionnette International Contact Adress List||„the Puppetry homepage“ , a treasure of well-designed general info ! Puppets Basics|
|... about ?||links||bibliography||projects described|
|oncoming events||associations||other figurative ...||authors|
what is „therapy with puppets“ about ?
* Robbers and other energy suckers cannot stand the light . Put them onto the stage . Have a good view of them from a personal distance . Perspective .
* Getting a 3D vision of what's inside of me , inoffensive style. Giving shape(s) to complex feelings , values , voices , situations I lived through but am not through with .
* Finding one's own solutions by playing different roles . Gaining in clarity and well-being .
* 'Teach-a-Body' - carrying basic info about body and gender (>education).
* Therapeutic work with puppets is generally seen
as „art“ therapy . This means it is a tool for specific therapeutic concepts
, like psychodrama or Gestalt . These concepts have their own picture of
the human being , their own theory of personality and „norm“ality .
BRAND NEW! Swedish site:
therapeutic Marionette MiniCourse in London 24-26 November 2008.
More details on
Symposium of the Art of Puppetry in Education and TherapyLondon. Saturday 11th October 2008.
9.30am-4.00pmfollowed by evening
performance at 7.30pmA rich day of exchanges, information, experience and
learning.Open Forum for all participants to introduce their own plansand
projects. Performances. Launch of the BrUNIMA Study GroupPrincipal speakers: Ann
Campion, Caroline Astell-Burt, Meg AmsdenRange of subjects to include Puppetry
as Play, Technology to assist the disabled puppeteer,the Perth decision on
puppetry in education and therapy outside the classroom etc.Detailed programme
to come soon.Fees £39.00.(to include drinks)Contact email@example.com
for booking form.
Puppets and the ages of human life , " la marionnette et les ages de la vie ", reports on VIII international colloquium 'Puppets & Therapy' held in september '97 in Charleville , France .
|| Some Therapists
who acknowledgedly have used or written about using puppets in therapeutic or educational work :
* Virginia Axline * Bender & Woltmann * Jean-Paul
Gonseth * Violett Oaklander * Hilarion Petzold * Madeleine Rambert